As a nail salon owner or self-employed nail technician, getting insurance can be easy and quick if you know what coverages can best protect your business and livelihood.

Get A Free Quote In 5 Minutes

Straightforward coverage options from a company with 100 years of experience.


What types of nail salon insurance do you need?

Although each business is unique and can have different coverage needs, here are the insurance policies that many nail salons purchase.

General Liability Insurance (All Salons)

General liability insurance (sometimes called public liability insurance) is usually the first, and sometimes only, insurance policy that nail salons purchase. It is recommended that every nail salon business owner or independent contractor have this policy as it covers your basic business liabilities.

The general liability policy covers bodily injury and property damage you cause others while conducting your business.

This policy is often required to maintain your state license and also required by your landlord to conduct business on the premises; but it is always a best practice to have general liability insurance regardless of requirements.

Professional Liability Insurance (All Salons)

For 99% of nail salon owners, professional liability insurance is a low-cost option you can add to your general liability insurance policy. The remaining 1% of salon owners are those that run a very large business. In this case, you might have to purchase this policy individually.

Nail salon professional liability covers professional errors that you make while providing your service.

These errors could include damaging a customer's nails before their wedding or, in a more severe example, using chemicals that resulted in a customer's allergic reaction.

Again, professional liability coverage is usually low cost and included with many nail salon business insurance policies.

Property Insurance (Only Salons With Valuable Property)

Unlike the other policies, which protect you against lawsuits, this type of insurance protects the assets that your business owns (equipment, chairs, desks, etc.) from perils such as fire or theft. If you own the building your nail salon is located in, you can also purchase coverage for the entire building.

Similar to a homeowners policy, this coverage is meant to repurchase all of your business items after a catastrophe and get you back up and running with minimal out-of-pocket costs.

Workers Compensation (Only Salons With Employees)

Workers compensation insurance is primarily for businesses with employees. In almost every state, this coverage is required to ensure that your nail salon employees have certain benefits if they get injured while working for your business.

Additionally, many nail salon owners rent chairs in their establishment to 1099 independent contractors. Even though a 1099 contractor isn't your employee, you could be responsible for their workplace injuries in certain situations. Purchasing workers compensation insurance guarantees that if a 1099 contractor were to get injured, you would not be responsible for that injury.

How To Get A Quote For Nail Salon Insurance

There are two ways you can get a nail salon insurance quote from us: online or over the phone. You can choose either option at the bottom of this page.

Get An Online Quote

If you want an instant insurance quote for your nail salon, click here to get started on your options for general liability, professional liability, and property coverage. Simply provide us with some basic information about your business and we’ll present you with a quote in about 5 minutes.

If you like your pricing and policy, you can purchase instantly.

Get A Call From An Advisor

If you want more than one insurance option, have questions, or want advice from one of our experts, you can click "Talk To A Risk Advisor" below. We will call you and guide you through the process every step of the way.